Quick and Reliable Volumetric Check for Machinery
The INORA SRS (Spatial Reference System) dramatically speeds the process of maximizing machine accuracy and consistency. Created using our proprietary Math Engine, it is the first system of its kind to deliver reliable, error-free volumetric check; therefore, it eliminates compounding errors in the manufacturing process. Additionally, it requires no specific orientation, which expedites the setup and testing processes.
The system consists of six NIST-traceable carbon-fiber bars — as well as four steel spheres — that connect to form a rigid tetrahedron. The symmetrical tetrahedron shape is the first of the Platonic solids and provides six easy-to-read comparisons. As a reference object, SRS is geometrically and thermally stable, meaning it can be used in almost any location or condition.
While many machine verification processes take three to five hours, SRS volumetric check averages between 10 and 30 minutes. With regular use and an automated setup, it may require even less time. Once SRS is placed in a machine’s workspace, the accompanying SRS software analyzes the data to verify alignment and accuracy.
- Verify production and measuring machines (machine tools, CMMs, robots, etc.)
- Correlate CMM and CNC machines to determine appropriate calibration cycles
- Optimize CMM performance
- Provide rapid checks of articulating-arm portable CMMs, laser trackers, systems, etc.
- Complete SRS Assembly Kit: Includes six bars in the size of your choice, as well as four precision steel spheres; standard sizes range from 180mm to 2,000 mm, but smaller or larger custom sizes are available.
- SRS Software: Intuitive software is available through a flexible subscription model.
- Mounting Kit and Extensions: These optional products make it easy to adapt the SRS system to your specific needs.
- Carrying Case: Rugged case ensures easy and safe transport of your SRS system.
- Significantly reduced time for machine verification
- User independent
- Quick and easy setup
- Reduce machine downtime
- Consistent verification eliminates scrap and rework
- Insensitive to temperature, pressure, and humidity
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Ideal for 2-D, 3-D, 4th, and 5th axis applications
- Repeatable, reproducible, and highly accurate
- Can be automated through use of a pallet system
“The initial implementation of the InoraSRS led to a 56% reduction in machining errors.”
Dr. Mo Omari
Technical Fellow, Manufacturing
Technology, General Motors
“The InoraSRS Spatial Reference System has revolutionized the Capability Management of our manufacturing processes.”
Specialist Engineer, BAE Systems