Many auto manufacturers use the WiseGap door gap measurement tool at different stages in the assembly process, but some even deploy WiseGap at multiple stages in their assembly plant to assess door gap behavior. One premium European brand is unique however, using the product at four separate locations.
- Measurement in body shop to determine initial door fit and hinge behavior,
- Assessment after paint shop for validation of readiness for assembly,
- Measurement in final assembly after interior trim installation,
- Measurement post seal installation,
- Quality measured by OEM internal metrics showed 35% improvement.